Making a Celebration Out of Nothing At All
This exercise is an invitation to create a celebration out of the smallest little joys. It’s about finding reasons to celebrate that you wouldn’t ordinarily think of, and about taking notice of the simple things that make our lives worth living everyday.
I invite you to break out your silver cheese spreaders, your crystal stemware and for goodness sake, take your finest china out of it’s glassed in prison. Then, dress in your finest refinery for this Very Special, Oh So Rare, Exclusive, Extraordinary Extravaganza of your very first intentional, Non-Occasion Celebration!
Possible things to make a celebration out of are:
- Your Favorite People
- Changing of the Seasons
- A Small but meaningful Personal Accomplishment
- The Fact you Finally Learned to say “NO”
- The Full Moon
- The return of the Starlings
- The Color Green (or any color)
- You are Healthy
- You can Vote
- You have something called ” A Choice”
- You are Female! or Male! (and all the reasons you are grateful for that)
- You went Shopping and Bought Nothing at All!
- Your new purse really DOES make you look Thin!
- You Stood Up for something you Believe In
- You got a Clean Bill of Health
- You just simply haven’t Laughed in a Long Time and you need a Good one
- A Clean House
- You Love your Friends!
- You Allowed yourself to do Absolutely Nothing today!
Make it Pretty. Make it Special. Make it Your Own!
And learn to enjoy all the simple moments between the big ones, for these are where we spend most of our life.