What Is Life Coaching and What Can It Do For Me?
This is the fundamental question, right?
Since so many people have been inquiring, I thought I’d offer a clear and simple “cheat sheet” so you will have the information you need to progress.
Life Coaching Is: Life Coaching is a way of bringing your deepest wants and needs to fruition. The process of Coaching helps you to discover your authentic self and to bring that true self into everything you do. By discovering your core values, by getting clear on what it is you want to accomplish, change or refine in your life, by setting intentional and clear definable steps, and by being held accountable, you will most definitely achieve your aim!
For most people, Coaching is way for them to know and understand themselves in a whole new way. Most people say, “I just wish I had done this 20 Years ago, I finally feel like I’m in charge of my own life!” It’s funny how much of our life is dictated by conditioning, expectation and pre-determined roles. Coaching helps to bust through all of this and set you on a trajectory that is soul-filled and rich with depth and meaning.
What Will Coaching Do For ME? Coaching will help you to:
- Clearly define what it is you say you want, and will unquestionably connect it to the WHY?
- Discover your Core Values -they run your life….even though you’re may not be aware of them.
- See the Bigger Picture and your place in it.
- Find meaning and connection in everyday life.
- Discover your higher potential and inspire you to reach for this.
- Establish a plan of action and how to hold yourself accountable.
- Let Go of outdated beliefs and stories that were never yours to begin with.
- Laugh more, dance more, and care more……but about the things that really matter to you, not the things that don’t.
- Develop trust in your intuition.
- Let go of struggle!
- Find your Joy!
- Awaken your consciousness to a deeper purpose and existence.
- Love who YOU are!
- Inspire you to help others.
People Use Coaching For:
- Accomplishing a long held dream like: starting a business, writing a book, changing careers or finding a spiritual practice that works for them.
- Simplifying their Life. Finding Balance and greater meaning. For many, everyday life is so busy they become numb and desensitized to their happiness. They become task-masters. And although they may have accomplished a great deal, they are run more by busy-ness and the need to “get stuff done” rather then by their heart.
- Discovering who they are Now…..many people have had kids, career, several marriages, etc. and in the process have lost connection to who they really are. They wake up one day at 40, 50 or 60 and don’t really know what’s important to them anymore.
- Change of Life transition. Moving from a career to retirement. Or career to humanitarian. Or stay-at-home mom to a career. Or career to college student. etc. Our lives are full of transition and we can make the most of them by having someone help guide us through the process.
- Strengthening their current talents and planning for the future. Many people know where they want to be in 10 years but aren’t sure how to get there. What are their intelligent assists? What skills and talents do they want to hone? What do they have to do now, to get to where they want to be then?
- Priority realignment: What is it you say you want? What do you have to let go of in order to get there? What do you have to say Yes to? What do you have to say No to?
- Make however many years they have left, really count!
How I Work: In my Coaching practice I work with people from the inside, out. In essence, I work with your truth first, your accomplishments second. My years of experience (both in life and in coaching) have taught me that what people most deeply want is to: 1) connect with their true self – to know, honor and love, who they are….from their own understanding, not from anyone telling them. And 2) to share or give back to the world, this part of themselves. It is from this place of self knowledge, acceptance and sharing, that all other actions and accomplishments will be truly meaningful and fulfilling to you. It is from the inside out, that we find our joy!